Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Final...wow that time already

In picking a topic for this final assignment was a difficult one for me at least, I through a few ideas around in my head. One being a research paper about something to do with horses, and then I remembered I probably include my hobby of horses into too much of my academic life. So this time I am going to try something different. I am planning on taking a more creative approach to this assignment rather than an academic approach. This meaning I have decided to create an English syllabus for a high school class. I am going to use the handbook from the high school I attended(Hartland High School) in part because I have access to a paper copy of the handbook, along with an electronic copy available on their website. I chose this because I am thinking of becoming an English teacher, and most likely in the high school age range, I have been told I am crazy. (I have no idea what their talking about)

3 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to write about horses in some uunique way; I thought that was what you wanted to find an occupation in but teaching is nice. Let me say I love this brief proposal, I read through yours before I wrote mine to get an idea of what I was suppose to speak about. I think your intended project ideas are great and I don't think you will have a problem with presenting this in a creative way. I really want to see your project because I think you seem quite secure about it and what you want to do where as I don't but keep up the good work. I wish you luck!
    ~Terrence~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, but it seems insanely similar to what nick is doing...he's doing a college syllabus project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking from experience, it's never too early to start constructing a syllabus for a future course, particularly if you plan to be a teacher in the future. Also, in my experience, putting together a syllabus is more of a creative than a critical project, so I look forward to reading through your process notes as well as the actual syllabus.

    ReplyDelete